none
Does Kinect V2 SDK preview support Windows 10 Technical preview? RRS feed

• Question

• Does the September Kinect V2 SDK preview support the Windows 10 technical preview or, if not, when can we expect to be able to use the Windows 10 preview?

Bob

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:56 PM

Answers

• We have not tested, and DO NOT support the v2 sensor or SDK running on Windows 10 tech preview.

This is similar to Windows 8, before it shipped we didn't not support it. After Windows 8 shipped, our next update was tested and supported on that OS.

That all said -- I just tried out installing and was able to run colorbasics-WPF just fine. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks, Rob Relyea | Kinect Team

Rob Relyea [MSFT] http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:57 PM

All replies

• We have not tested, and DO NOT support the v2 sensor or SDK running on Windows 10 tech preview.

This is similar to Windows 8, before it shipped we didn't not support it. After Windows 8 shipped, our next update was tested and supported on that OS.

That all said -- I just tried out installing and was able to run colorbasics-WPF just fine. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks, Rob Relyea | Kinect Team

Rob Relyea [MSFT] http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:57 PM
  • Does the September Kinect V2 SDK preview support the Windows 10 technical preview or, if not, when can we expect to be able to use the Windows 10 preview?

Bob

I can confirm that the Kinect V2 SDK is functional on Windows 10 Technical Preview (Both Standard and Enterprise).

I did have an issue where the SDK Configuration Verifier "... has stopped working" immediately after clicking the button in the SDK, but verifying your configuration isn't required to use the other tools.

• Edited by biorpg Saturday, July 18, 2015 11:01 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Hey guys!

I have the same question. I think we are almost there... We are trying to compile a game with Kinect and Unity 5.3 for UWP. After days trying to refine it, we have "only" 17 errors (some regarding the Kinect - type CS1061 and some regarding Itween - type BCE0005 (I am most concerned about the Kinect ones... We can remove Itween in the last case). I copied the errors here in case it helps someone or if someone can help us =P. And these errors happen when building with .NET; when using IL2CPP, it builds fine, but the application does not recognize Kinect.

Would anyone have an insight of what to do?

Thanks

---

Example of one of the CS1061 errors: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'IsAssignableFrom' and no extension method 'IsAssignableFrom' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) ). 

Lines of Code with this error: 
    // add available avatar controllers
    foreach(MonoBehaviour monoScript in monoScripts) { 
    if(typeof(AvatarController).IsAssignableFrom(monoScript.GetType())) {
    AvatarController avatar = (AvatarController)monoScript; manager.avatarControllers.Add(avatar); } }

Example of one of the BCE0005 errors: Unknown identifier: 'iTween'.

Lines of Code with the error:
    function Start(){
     iTween.CameraFadeAdd(deathFlash,100); 

Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:53 PM