?

Question

• Do I really need Windows 8 professional to make these apps or can I use windows home?!
    Saturday, July 05, 2014 7:23 AM

Answers

• For a windows store app you do not need pro for the simulator
    Sunday, July 06, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Hi tone,

All versions of Visual Studio that can develop the Windows Store App have Simulator included. The Windows Version is not the problem.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:47 AM

All replies

• All you need to be able to develop a Windows Store App on Windows 8 is Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2012: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh986965.aspx. You also have to develop these applications on a Windows 8 machine.

You can install Visual Studio 2013 on both Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro.

Saturday, July 05, 2014 9:35 AM
  • oh, I mean about using the Simulator.
    Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:05 AM
  • For a windows store app you do not need pro for the simulator
    Sunday, July 06, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Hi tone,

All versions of Visual Studio that can develop the Windows Store App have Simulator included. The Windows Version is not the problem.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:47 AM