none
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to execute a simple ReceiveSend scenario using ESB Toolkit 2.0. i.e. receive a document from a file and send it to send port using ESB. I have used ItineraryReceive pipeline and configured the Itinerary Selector component using connection string ITINERARY-STATIC:\\name=SimpleReceiveSend; but I am getting error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key ".

Here is the full error description:

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines.ItinerarySelectReceivePasshrough, Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "ESB Itinerary Selector" Receive Port: "EsbReceivePort" URI: "E:\RND\TestFolders\EsbReceive\*.xml" Reason: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key 

Is there some kind of document which can tell how to configure each component?

Thanks
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:22 AM

Answers

• Can you verify in your on-ramp (receive location) that you have the ItineraryFactKey property set to "Resolver.Itinerary"?  This is the property right above the ResolverConnectionString property that you have set to ITINERARY-STATIC:\\name=SimpleReceiveSend.  If not make sure this is set to the value "Resolver.Itinerary".

Thanks,
    Brendon Birdoes
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:21 AM

All replies

• Can you verify in your on-ramp (receive location) that you have the ItineraryFactKey property set to "Resolver.Itinerary"?  This is the property right above the ResolverConnectionString property that you have set to ITINERARY-STATIC:\\name=SimpleReceiveSend.  If not make sure this is set to the value "Resolver.Itinerary".

Thanks,
    Brendon Birdoes
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:21 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that it would be very helpful if we get some kind of cheat sheet which defines the settings of all ESB pipeline components which can be used a ready reckoner for configuring them.

Thanks,
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:35 AM
  • Hi,
    I just wanted to add another scenario when using the JSON Encoder.. I got the same error.

It turned out.. that one of my nodes was created as xs:anyData. If you see it in Visual Studio, it is created like a "record". As long as the schema was having that, it was giving the error. I corrected it and made it into a xs:string and the error disappeared.

Praveen Behara
    MCST : BizTalk Server 2006 R2, 2010

Friday, September 18, 2015 10:42 AM
  • I encountered this issue recently ,the solution to this is mainly some data type mismatch in file.

Steps I followed,

1. Get the message (xml) at received at pipeline.
    2. Validate it with your schema.
    3. if failed validation or  any issue fix and redeploy the DLL, your issue is likely to be resolved.
    Friday, February 23, 2018 6:46 AM