none
**Free** 58-page e-book on using Azure Machine Learning and R RRS feed

• Question

• Free for download: "Data Science in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and R" By Stephen Elston, Managing Director of Quantia Analytics, LLC.

To get you started creating and evaluating your own machine learning models, O’Reilly has commissioned a new report: “Data Science in the Cloud, with Azure Machine Learning and R.” We use an in-depth data science example — predicting bicycle rental demand — to show you how to perform basic data science tasks, including data management, data transformation, machine learning, and model evaluation in the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning cloud environment. Using a free-tier Azure ML account, example R scripts, and the data provided, the report provides hands-on experience with this practical data science example.

Specifically, this report shows you how to complete the following tasks using Azure ML and R:
    ◾Manage and transform data, using a highly scalable cloud environment
    ◾Build and evaluate machine learning models
    ◾Produce R graphics
    ◾Publish your models as web services

To download your free e-book, visit:
    https://azureinfo.microsoft.com/CO-Azure-CNTNT-FY15-02Feb-Data-Science-in-the-Cloud.html?ls=Media&lsd=Oreilly
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks for sharing this. Alas it contains the previous model for publishing models as web service.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:40 AM
  • Hi.

I'm getting an error "HTTP 400 Bad Request" - The webpage cannot be found.

Please can you fix it?

Thanks

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:03 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

This link works for me in both IE and Chrome - could you share information about your environment?

Regards,

AK

Monday, March 2, 2015 3:07 PM
  • Hi AK.

I'm running Windows 10 ETP with builtin IE, but the same problem is also with the latest Chrome 41. Using local DNS resolver with DNSSEC validation.

I'll try it later today at home and let you know.

Friday, March 6, 2015 8:44 AM
  • When I try it from my home, it works. Sorry :)
    Friday, March 6, 2015 1:22 PM