Windows phone 7 and windows 8 developer preview

Question

• So i have the windows 8 developer preview( not a developer btw) and i can not sync my windows phone with zune. It does not show up, also it does not even attempt to install driver when i plug it into a usb port and in my computer it is not showing up. I really do not want to switch to win 7( i dual booted) just to sync my phone. Any help would be much appreciated you can email me at Kazaduel@hotmail.com. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 11:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the help, i fixed the problem, what happened was a week ago my charging/sync cable broke, and not paying much attention the people at att sold me a charging only cable, no fault on their part though i was not very specific. So i returned that and go the propper one and now everything works great. Thanks for the help though!
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:45 PM

All replies

• I have a HTC Trophy and it is working fine.  Have you installed Zune software yet?  You will need to install the .net runtime 3.5 first, then install the Zune software.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:01 AM
  • i do not know for sure if i have the .net runtime 3.5 but if you need it for zune then i must have it because zune itself is working fine. Im running Mango on my focus, so i don't know if that is any help.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:05 AM
  • The Zune software should send a request to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.1 when installing.
    If you go to Control Panel, Click on More Settings, Click on Programs and Features.
    On the left pane, click "Turn Windows Features On or Off".

Is there a check mark in .Net Framework 3.5.1?
    By default in Windows Developer Preview, .Net Framework 4.5 is enabled.

If .Net Framework 3.5.1 is not checked, put a check in the box and then try to set up your Zune.

Let us know if you get errors and post the exact error message.

Thanks

Marilyn
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Thanks for the help, i fixed the problem, what happened was a week ago my charging/sync cable broke, and not paying much attention the people at att sold me a charging only cable, no fault on their part though i was not very specific. So i returned that and go the propper one and now everything works great. Thanks for the help though!
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:45 PM