Time taken to publish the app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to know on how much time it takes to publish a windows store app. ?

Given that i have already done the pre-requisites like passing the certification results locally.

And following all criteria as mentioned here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj657972.aspx

Knowing the information would help me to plan my work.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Saurav

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:36 AM

Answers

• From the moment you submit your app to the store it will take anywhere up to a week before it's in the store available to users for download.

But usually it's much quicker than a week. I find most of my apps are in the store within a few hours of submission. Timing matters too - apps seem to take longer to publish on weekends and holidays.

There is also an option for submitting without publishing. That way your app can be approved, but won't be published in the store until you go in and complete publication. That way you can choose when the app is published.

Also bear in mind that apps don't suddenly appear available everywhere at once. Sometimes it takes 24-48 hours for apps to be available in all markets.

Of course if your app fails certification you will need to make changes and resubmit it. If you're planning for a specific release date do everything you can to avoid rejection - make sure you don't breach any policies. A common one is that your app must have at least a 12+ rating if it connects to the Internet.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

• Marked as answer by SauravS Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:34 AM
  • Yes. The store treats the packages as completely separately. There is no requirement to publish both.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:23 AM

All replies

• From the moment you submit your app to the store it will take anywhere up to a week before it's in the store available to users for download.

But usually it's much quicker than a week. I find most of my apps are in the store within a few hours of submission. Timing matters too - apps seem to take longer to publish on weekends and holidays.

There is also an option for submitting without publishing. That way your app can be approved, but won't be published in the store until you go in and complete publication. That way you can choose when the app is published.

Also bear in mind that apps don't suddenly appear available everywhere at once. Sometimes it takes 24-48 hours for apps to be available in all markets.

Of course if your app fails certification you will need to make changes and resubmit it. If you're planning for a specific release date do everything you can to avoid rejection - make sure you don't breach any policies. A common one is that your app must have at least a 12+ rating if it connects to the Internet.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:34 AM
  • Thanks for the reply pumpkinszwan.

One more question regarding publishing into windows store.

Our application is universal application type. But we only plan to release and submit the Windows app package first. Will we be allowed to do so while publishing ?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Yes. The store treats the packages as completely separately. There is no requirement to publish both.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:23 AM