none
Paste as HTML in Microsoft Office 2010 Word and Powerpoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm translating elements from my program to html+css to copy them into the word and powerpoint (Paste as HTML). But as realized later on, that MS Word and MS Powerpoint, has different HTML parsers.. And things which looks good in MS Word, looks broken in MS Powerpoint.

Can I find somewhere some usefull info about how the parsers works? Or maybe you can suggest another approach which works the same for the Word and Powerpoint?

Friday, October 5, 2012 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi TJ-,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I will involve some experts into your issue to see whether they can solve it. There might be some delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Hello TJ,

I don't know of anywhere I can get that information for you. But I might be able to help you if I knew what you wanted the end result to be. Are you copying this information in to word and PowerPoint for Presentation purposes? or other informational purposes? Would a screenshot or image be more practical?

Thank you,

Sr. Support Engineer - Microsoft Word

Monday, October 8, 2012 8:49 PM
  • Hello guys,

thanks for replaying.

I have custom style WPF TreeView with the custom style TreeViewItems. Then I copying it to clipboard as HTML that user would be able to paste it to word/powerpoint and present or edit pasted content if he wants. So I think it's kind of practical and also available to present.

My idea, maybe it's better to create flow document instead of HTML and convert it to RTF, but not sure that rtf has the same parsers in word/powerpoint. :) Maybe there is another approach?

There is the example how it looks in Word/Powerpoint and program with html code which is copied to clipboard.

Like this component looks in program.

Custom style WPF TreeView

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hello TJ,

Yes another approach might be best as using HTML in Office products can produce unexpected results. I would try RTF and see if it works any better but RTF is going way at some point. Have you thought about XML? I'm not sure how much help I can be in a forum post. You might be better off opening an adviser support issue with us to get more value.

Thank you,

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Hello Paul,

Yep XML is another possibility. And using it the pasting result theoretically should be the same?

Maybe you could give me the link where it's possible to open "an adviser support issue"? Unable to find.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Hello TJ,

I would think whatever you copy and paste as xml would be the same in Word v.s. PowerPoint but I'm just not sure your going to get exactly what you want to display. As far as opening advisory support case you can begin by logging a support issue here. http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ssbsplash?fr=1

Thank you

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:31 PM