SignalR one to one chat RRS feed

• Question

• User-251445906 posted

Hi,

We have a requirement to do a customer service / helpdesk kind of chat where in customers using our Internet website can initiate a chat with a set of users on our Intranet. We are looking to use SignalR to do a one-on-one chat applicaiton. These Customer Service Agents can be a set of 3-4 people who we can maintain on SQL table and mark them as free or busy. 

I have a few questions and would be happy if I get some answers:

• If a customer initiates a chat, how does the Customer service Agent who is going to be on the Inernal Network, on the other side get a notification saying a customer is attempting to initiate a chat? I reckon, this is all going to be done via the browser ... But I am not able picture it to see how it is going to work.
    • How do we authenticate that the chat answers are going via a authenticated Customer service agent? I reckon, when the customer who is going to be somewhere on the Internet cloud, initiates a chat, we will need to authenticate the Customer Service agent, and then the chat connection can be established.

Thanks,

Venky

Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:00 AM

Answers

• User1711366110 posted

Hi Venky ,
      As per your case, I have been shared few article links which may guide you to reach your expected result :

1.Click here to get the sample code of Broadcast Real-Time SQL Data Using SignalR

2.Click here to check this forum which is having similar situation of Signalr chat application with sql server DB

3.Click here to get the sample project with code of ASP.Net SignalR chat room but without using database.

--
    with regards,
    Edwin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 4:19 AM