Lightswitch error after application is deployed to webserver - Unable to authenticate. Access is denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed the lightswitch application on a webserver but I get this error while browsing - 'Unable to authenticate. Access is denied'.

I have tried many steps to steps to rectify this but none works. Can somebody please help on this ?

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:24 AM

Answers

• HI,

How about using Windows authentication option in your project, whether it has same issue.

If you use form authentication, please check whether use correct connection string.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:31 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 6:20 AM

All replies

• HI,

How about using Windows authentication option in your project, whether it has same issue.

If you use form authentication, please check whether use correct connection string.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:31 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 6:20 AM
  • HI,

Regards,

Angie

Thanks Angie.

Actually I am using Windows authentication. This is the 2nd lightswitch application I am trying to deploy on the server, the first one works okay and there are no issues.

This lightswitch application uses 3 different databases for 3 screens. So do I need to specify all 3 databases in the 'Database Connections' tab (in specify administrator and user connections) while deploying as currently I have only specified one as below. And I needed to know if yes then how do I do it ?

However, in the 'Other Connections' I have already  specified all 3 databases as shown below.

I am stuck on this for a long time now and have tried virtually everything.

Thanks for your help.

• Edited by lahsiv2004 Friday, August 5, 2016 9:43 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

Here are the hints:

On the Data connections page of the wizard, choose the Database Connections tab, enter the administrator and user connection strings for the database server where you want to publish the application database, and then choose the Attached Data Sources tab.

On the Attached Data Sources tab, update the connection strings for any additional connections as needed, and then choose the Next button.

Regards,

Angie

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:35 AM