none
There is no Object in this control. Error '2683' on Access Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

We are working with a access project and one of the functions(the main one) keep on throwing a run-time error '2683', which refers to a no object in control. My experience with access and Visual Basic programming is very limited so we would appreciate any help.

Need to know information:

• We are using Access, Office 365,
    • 64-bit PC, (32-bit PC doesn't seem to make a difference),
    • It keeps happening when trying to access Me!Fileimages.Object.(Well that is where the debugger takes me).
    • It seems to be an issue with the MSCOMCTL.ocx reference, but we are not sure how to make sure or fix this.
    • I have seen that it has been an issue quite a few times in the past, but I could not find a solution recent enough to work for me.

Help with this issue is much appreciated.

Looking forward to the solution.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:41 AM

All replies

• Is MSCOMCTL on that machine installed?

There were some Windows updates in the past year, which removed it.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

well when I opened the application, it said that some of the references were missing. (The application was written a few years ago and was not used for a while). So I managed to get hold of the references in a different folder, and I added them. Clearly this is not the solution, but how else does the program then make use of those ActiveX controls? Which references should I rather add then?

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:51 AM