none
Generate the .exe file from a .vcxproj

Question

• Good morning, for a university project, I received a driving simulator already developed in C++. The IDE is visual studio 2013 and also uses (I don't know how) QTcreator for the graphical interface.

The simulator currently works well, and what I have to do is only adding some stuff.

At the beginning I tried just to change the messages that appear in the simulation in order to check if the changes that I apply affect it, but it doesn't. It shows always the old messages, and I don't know why is that.

I was told that maybe that's because it can be generating the file in a different path to what it is being executed.

They told me to try erasing the .exe files (debug and release) and see if after compiling it creates a new .exe file. But it doesn't generate anything and I would like to ask you if know how to do that.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks, goodbye.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi qwaserdf,

Thanks for your post.

Have your specify the Output Directory in the project property? 

In addition, for the detailed information about the VC++ configuration. I suggest you'd better post it to the C++ forum, I think you will get a better answer there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:02 AM