Printer HP Deskjet 5940 would not print, problem with x64 version

Question

• Hi, I test windows developer preview, all work great, but one problem persist in a version x64," the printer could not print " message appear, but on my other pc with x86 version the printer work perfectly. With windows 7 x64 the printer work perfectly. Have solution?

Thank's

Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:12 AM

Answers

• rohm,

I am sorry to hear about your printer issue.  Are you still having issues with your printer? If so then you might try downloading the latest drivers for your device from the manufacturer’s website?

Let me know if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Chris
    • Marked as answer by rohm Friday, September 23, 2011 12:27 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Did you download the most current Windows 7 drivers for the HP Deskjet 5940 for 64-bit version?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=445440#N221

You might want to install the printer in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 64-bit to see if that helps.
    For the driver/drivers you downloaded and use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:11 PM

All replies

• rohm,

I am sorry to hear about your printer issue.  Are you still having issues with your printer? If so then you might try downloading the latest drivers for your device from the manufacturer’s website?

Let me know if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Did you download the most current Windows 7 drivers for the HP Deskjet 5940 for 64-bit version?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=445440#N221

You might want to install the printer in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 64-bit to see if that helps.
    For the driver/drivers you downloaded and use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:11 PM
  • I've test driver compatibility yesterday with the same driver. But today for an unknown reason it's work, but i've unplug the other pc run on a x86 version with today test, probably an incompatibility with my pc on x64 on the homegroup.

Thank for your help, I'll continue my test.

Friday, September 23, 2011 12:31 AM