none
Debug target missing in older projects RRS feed

• Question

• can anyone shed light on why I maight be getting this error?

"debug target is missing...set OutputPath and AssemblyName to point at the correct location for the target assembly"

seems to happen in older projects (I bought a book and downloaded some samples... published in 2012) . is there a simple setting that needs to be checked? I read some where it could be in the .csproj file 

it seems to be looking for this file "Chapter04.exe" in the bin/Debug folder

in the folder that came from the samples download from the book I bought this file was included "Chapter04.vshost.exe"

any thoughts?

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:07 PM

Answers

• You would have to speak with the authors of the book to understand what assemblies they are referencing. I am not aware of any books that are for the new v2 api's, since this only went public a couple weeks ago. V1 applications are not compatible with the v2 sensor and SDK, you will have to port the application to use the new SDK and use the new api's where applicable.

If the project is an older v2 project from a previous build of the preview, then you will have to remove and re-add the references.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:57 PM

All replies

• You would have to speak with the authors of the book to understand what assemblies they are referencing. I am not aware of any books that are for the new v2 api's, since this only went public a couple weeks ago. V1 applications are not compatible with the v2 sensor and SDK, you will have to port the application to use the new SDK and use the new api's where applicable.

If the project is an older v2 project from a previous build of the preview, then you will have to remove and re-add the references.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:57 PM
  • Thanks. thats exactly what I needed to hear.  I need to put just nose to the grindstone and remake this stuff from scratch. good exersize anyway.
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:57 AM