none
NDIS version / support for Windows 10 RRS feed

Answers

• Yeah, the networking documentation group at Microsoft really failed on this one. I've been asking for this for about 8 months. Their justification for not having the docs is that there weren't all that many changes to 6.5. So, assume that everything written about 6.4 applies to 6.5 and bring up any discrepancies that you find.

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:04 PM

All replies

• <quote>A driver can query the NDIS version by calling the NdisReadConfiguration function with the Keyword parameter set toNdisVersion.</quote> (here)

Wikipedia usually is a reliable and reputable source. Except when, uhm, it isn't ;)

--pa

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:49 PM
  • Yeah, the networking documentation group at Microsoft really failed on this one. I've been asking for this for about 8 months. Their justification for not having the docs is that there weren't all that many changes to 6.5. So, assume that everything written about 6.4 applies to 6.5 and bring up any discrepancies that you find.

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:04 PM
  • Thanks Brian for your inputs.

In this case, without proper documentation, how can i port NDIS 6.2 to 6.5 ?

Kindly clarify if there is any porting documentation ?

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:25 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have a NDIS 6.2 based driver and i am currently porting it to various flavors of Windows such as Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Can you kindly let me know if there is any porting related information for migrating from NDIS 6.2 to NDIS 6.5.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

Friday, February 12, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Treat 6.5 like 6.4, and just follow the porting instructions here

-Brian

Friday, February 12, 2016 6:44 PM