SQL Azure Persistence for State Workflow 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using Workflow 4.5 in my project and it has state machine workflow for various business activity.

I have many delay activities since my business needs to wait for 5 days or more something like that. 

so, how the delay activity will work if persisted in SQL. what configuration need to be done for this.

Also, please let me know if this is going to be the same on SQL Azure also.

pls let me know. 

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:06 AM

Answers

• Hi PappiG

As we know, Workflow persistence is the durable capture of a workflow instance's state, independent of process or computer information. If you want to use

To enable persistence for a workflow, you need to associate an instance store with the WorkflowApplication or WorkflowServiceHost as mentioned in How to: Enable Persistence for Workflows and Workflow Services.

For reference: How to use Workflow persistence - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd489420(v=vs.110).aspx

The post will show how to use the DelayActivity in Windows Workflow Foundation 3.0 to scale an application out to multiple processes below.  And show how to enable persistence and how to create an application that can resume workflows whose timers have expired.  It also shows passing parameters to a workflow, creating multiple workflow instances, and how to process persisted instances.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2008/12/09/understanding-persistence-in-windows-workflow-foundation.aspx?Redirected=true

At the same time you can also search relevant examples about persistence with delay activities online, many articles will be available for you.

hope it helps,

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:35 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:18 AM