Call to web services fails within a Windows Service RRS feed

• Question

• User521787728 posted

Hi,

We have a windows service that collects (phone) call records from a local database and consumes a web service to hosted at a remote server and sends call records. The windows service is running successfull in some other machines but in one of the machine it throws an error saying:

There was no endpoint listening at http://domain-name/internal/CallLogService.asmx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

When I type the URI of web service in a browser at the client machine it works just fine. I can also check the definition of wsdl associated with the web service by pasting ?wsdl to the URI.

But I am totally puzzled by the fact that the windows service fails to consume the web service. Can someone point me to any direction to a resolution?

Thanks,

Sudipta 

Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:43 PM

Answers

• User768703680 posted

Hi,

Request to reset IIS in the client's machine and check once again

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:34 AM

All replies

• User768703680 posted

Hi,

Request to reset IIS in the client's machine and check once again

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:34 AM
  • User521787728 posted

Fantastic!!! It solved the issue. 

Monday, March 11, 2013 11:28 PM
  • User521787728 posted

Shiva,

The solution worked fine for some time but came back again. What do you think I should look into? I am using a Windows 2003 server running IIS 6. The IIS runs an FTP site which I disabled for some time, but that didn't solve the endpoint issue. 

Thanks,

Sudipta 

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:36 PM