none
Populating field for Resource Center using SQL queries RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to do a bulk import of values into field "Employee Number" in the Resource Center. However, the default grid is not editable in the web client (which would have been convenient do to a big paste). Manually going through every record is too time-consuming.

Is there a way, using SQL queries (which I doubt), or any other method, to do a mass import of data per record in that field?

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

no, you can't do this with SQL. You could do with PSI, but perhaps too much effort for a one time action.

But there is an easier way: select all records in Resource Center and click on Open in ribbon. This will open Project client (has to be installed and account configured) with all resources checked out for editing. Add column "Employee Number" and do your modifications. Save an close and you should be fine.

Good luck!
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by rubendemey Friday, November 23, 2012 2:47 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

no, you can't do this with SQL. You could do with PSI, but perhaps too much effort for a one time action.

But there is an easier way: select all records in Resource Center and click on Open in ribbon. This will open Project client (has to be installed and account configured) with all resources checked out for editing. Add column "Employee Number" and do your modifications. Save an close and you should be fine.

Good luck!
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by rubendemey Friday, November 23, 2012 2:47 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Well damn, I was testing like crazy, but on a computer without the Project 2010 client. It hadn't occurred to me, until now. Extremely easy! Thanks.
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Extremly helpful, the client ;-).

Fine, that I could help!
    Barbara

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:58 PM