• Question

• hi

i want to know is there any good links for begginers

1. to know about service adapters

2. To know about Brokers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:48 AM

Answers

•  

The adapters are used to connect an integration application/application server/tool to an information resource - such as a database, packaged application, messaging system or custom home grown applications.  BizTalk Server 2006 provides native adapters for communicating with files, EDI, FTP, HTTP, MSMQ, MQSeries, SMTP, POP3, SOAP, SQL Server, Windows SharePoint Services, and others. You can categorize these adapters in Transport Adapters, Database Adapters and Application Adapters.  In BizTalk Server 2006 R2, the BizTalk WCF Adapter can be used to connect BizTalk applications to the WCF applications.  You can read more about BizTalk Server 2006 Adapters over here.  The custom adaters to BizTalk can be developed using BizTalk Adapter Framework.   The BizTalk specific adapters can only be used within the BizTalk Server.  The WCF LOB Adapter SDK provides an SDK for creating WCF-based adapters (surfaced as a WCF Binding) that can be used both within BizTalk Server (via BizTalk WCF Adapte) and in custom .NET applications.  You can find high level information about WCF LOB Adapter SDK over here.

If you are interested in creating a broker type applications (and not accessing these adapters directly in a point-to-point fashion from applications), BizTalk Server uses a publish/subscribe messaging architecture that can easily be used to implement message broker.  You may also want to read-up on Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) and SQL Server Service Broker to understand other Microsoft integration technologies.

Hope this helps!

Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:19 PM

All replies

• I am not sure that I understand your questions. What specifically are you looking for? Is this a WCF related question, a BizTalk question, or something else altogether?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:52 PM
  • hi

iam asking about WCF LOB adapter and before this

if i get some general information about adapters & brokers, i.e, what they do,why we need them ,their architecture,etc..I will be thankful to you.

if this is the wrong forum, please sugest me where to post this question.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:46 AM
  • This question might be better served on the BizTalk R2 forum.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:20 PM
  • Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:54 PM
  •  

The adapters are used to connect an integration application/application server/tool to an information resource - such as a database, packaged application, messaging system or custom home grown applications.  BizTalk Server 2006 provides native adapters for communicating with files, EDI, FTP, HTTP, MSMQ, MQSeries, SMTP, POP3, SOAP, SQL Server, Windows SharePoint Services, and others. You can categorize these adapters in Transport Adapters, Database Adapters and Application Adapters.  In BizTalk Server 2006 R2, the BizTalk WCF Adapter can be used to connect BizTalk applications to the WCF applications.  You can read more about BizTalk Server 2006 Adapters over here.  The custom adaters to BizTalk can be developed using BizTalk Adapter Framework.   The BizTalk specific adapters can only be used within the BizTalk Server.  The WCF LOB Adapter SDK provides an SDK for creating WCF-based adapters (surfaced as a WCF Binding) that can be used both within BizTalk Server (via BizTalk WCF Adapte) and in custom .NET applications.  You can find high level information about WCF LOB Adapter SDK over here.

If you are interested in creating a broker type applications (and not accessing these adapters directly in a point-to-point fashion from applications), BizTalk Server uses a publish/subscribe messaging architecture that can easily be used to implement message broker.  You may also want to read-up on Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) and SQL Server Service Broker to understand other Microsoft integration technologies.

Hope this helps!

Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:19 PM