Login Table RRS feed

• Question

• User2068891794 posted

I can run the Club website fine but I have one problem. When I try to register a user, a message says password minimum length and so on. I looked at the Club database and noticed that there isnt  a table  for holding this data in the first place.

Am i correct in saying this?

Any help would be appreciated?

Monday, October 2, 2006 8:42 AM

All replies

• User2012824241 posted

I haven't used the club starter but my guess it might have a separate db for the membership, probably located in the App_Data folder

I believe it uses the membershipprovider which is configured in web.config. The standard tables for membership all start with aspnet_ so whichever db they are in that is how you can find them.

Possibly some of the membership settings like password length might be set in web.config. 

Hope it helps,

Joe 

Monday, October 2, 2006 12:32 PM
  • User2068891794 posted

I'll try that now. When i try to log in the username: Admin password: 1.admin.1

that doesnt work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this starter kit is exactly what im looking for?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 4:24 AM
  • User2068891794 posted

Looked in the App data folder and found nothing. Whats in there is Club.mdf (the SQL server database) and club-add.sql.I cant find anything where username and password are stored!!

Help needed!![:D] 

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 4:33 AM
  • User959264866 posted

user name, password etc.. are stored in the aspnet_membershiptable, in the ASPNET.MDF database. There are 2 databases shipped with the clubsite

CLUB.mdf and ASPNET.MDF.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:44 AM
  • User2068891794 posted

I located that file but it still doesnt let me register a user.. 

I am using SQL Server 2005..and Visual Studio 2005.. Could someone give me a step by step tutorial to allow me run this site?? Im not sure of the correct way to link the project to my SQL Server.

I would be so greatfull.

Thanks,

Kevin 

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 12:03 PM
  • User523970105 posted

user name, password etc.. are stored in the aspnet_membershiptable, in the ASPNET.MDF database. There are 2 databases shipped with the clubsite

CLUB.mdf and ASPNET.MDF.

I believe that the Club website only ships with the CLUB.mdf database.  The ASPNET.mdf is created automagically (at least under VWD) when you run it (or maybe when you register the first user - not sure which).

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 1:40 PM
  • User2068891794 posted
    Prob was due to changes that had to be made in web.config file. Learned that from Sue's Dream blog article.
    Wednesday, October 4, 2006 6:54 AM