design a gui for vb.net app. using silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

am new at this stuff

so i have a project and i wanna design a fancy GUI but instead of using the .net commponet i tried to use flah but i didnt find a way

and that doesnt mean there is no way

so i though i can use silverlight as the main GUI so wheni press a button i call a function for example

i hope i can find a help,

thanx in advance

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:02 PM

Answers

• If you want to write a fancy gui using vb.net for the coding, then you should use Microsoft Expression Blend 2, and install the sp1 for Blend in order to write Silverlight GUI's in Blend.. But silverlight is only for "in browser" apps, so if you want to have an advanced GUI in a Windows app, use the WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) that has all the graphical potentiall that Silverlight has, only that it allows you to write apps for Windows machines.. Microsoft Expression Blend can also help you create elaborate GUI's using WPF. To create a WPF app, just create a new project in VS 2008 using the 3.5 framework (i reccomed 3.5 SP1 since some WPF efficiencies flaws were fixed) and choose WPF Application

Hope this helped you, and if so, please mark it as Correct Answear

Paolo32

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:26 PM
  • to get the click event in a Function in VB, double click on Page.xaml.vb, and write the following:

Friend sub myButtonNameClicked() handles mybutton.MouseLeftButtonDown

end sub

Intead of myButton, just type in whatever control you want to have some code for, and you will get some intellisense for the various events, for example MouseLeftButtonDown is just one of the various events you can handle

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

You can wire up a click event with a button in Silverlight application and you can write code in Vb.Silverlight Application can be created in vb ,c# and other languages also,.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:33 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:16 PM
  •  no aspx or silverlight app,

i want to call avb funtion, its like "double click on the button" in the design page then write the code, can this be done

and thanks for the links

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:20 PM
  • If you want to write a fancy gui using vb.net for the coding, then you should use Microsoft Expression Blend 2, and install the sp1 for Blend in order to write Silverlight GUI's in Blend.. But silverlight is only for "in browser" apps, so if you want to have an advanced GUI in a Windows app, use the WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) that has all the graphical potentiall that Silverlight has, only that it allows you to write apps for Windows machines.. Microsoft Expression Blend can also help you create elaborate GUI's using WPF. To create a WPF app, just create a new project in VS 2008 using the 3.5 framework (i reccomed 3.5 SP1 since some WPF efficiencies flaws were fixed) and choose WPF Application

Hope this helped you, and if so, please mark it as Correct Answear

Paolo32

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:26 PM
  • to get the click event in a Function in VB, double click on Page.xaml.vb, and write the following:

Friend sub myButtonNameClicked() handles mybutton.MouseLeftButtonDown

end sub

Intead of myButton, just type in whatever control you want to have some code for, and you will get some intellisense for the various events, for example MouseLeftButtonDown is just one of the various events you can handle

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

You can wire up a click event with a button in Silverlight application and you can write code in Vb.Silverlight Application can be created in vb ,c# and other languages also,.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:33 PM
  • Hi Paolo32,

you said "to get the click event in a Function in VB, double click on Page.xaml.vb" please sir Could you explain how i get Page.xaml.vb in my VS2015 ?

I'm searching for enhancing and improving the performance of my widows App. I'm new in programming by VB.Net so that please explain in more details

thanks in advance  

Friday, October 13, 2017 7:34 PM