WACP Failed to launch App

Question

• Hi,

I am developing an App for Windows 8.1 with Visual studio 2013 Update 2 RC.

When I test my app on my PC, simulator or other devices everything works perfectly.

When I generate the store package and run the WACK it fails with "Failed to launch App".

I am running with Administrator privileges. Also, if I remove all of my initialization code, the WACK passes.

So, how do I know where the problem is? If there is a problem, since the app works perfectly on my local machine and other test machines.

Should I go removing line by line of code until I find the line of code that fails? (the lines of code grow exponentially to thousands with functions being called several times, so this would probably take weeks or months to go through).

WACK output:

• Executable C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SysdevMobile.KClient_1.1.0.7_x64__whdsjj1dnhbm8\KClient.Windows.exe was detected by Windows Error Reporting and experienced a crash or hang.
    • Application SysdevMobile.KClient_1.1.0.7_x64__whdsjj1dnhbm8 was detected by Windows Error Reporting and experienced a crash or hang.
    • Crash dump file C:\Users\filipe.madureira.SYSDEV\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppCertKit\KClient.Windows.exe.8852.dmp was created by Windows Error Reporting and provides additional information.
    • Crash dump file C:\Users\filipe.madureira.SYSDEV\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppCertKit\KClient.Windows.exe.9244.dmp was created by Windows Error Reporting and provides additional information.
    • Crash dump file C:\Users\filipe.madureira.SYSDEV\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppCertKit\KClient.Windows.exe.9764.dmp was created by Windows Error Reporting and provides additional information.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Answers

• Found the problem,

In Visual Studio it was debugging the app in 32 bits. And I also tested on 32 bits machines.

The bug was in a C++ component in 64 bits, and the WACK was testing the 64 bits package and failing.

Fixed the 64 bits bug and it passes WACK now.

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:16 PM