How to migrate all resources and storage from one azure account to another? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Azure account with some resources (app services, sql DB ...) I need to migrate those resources to another Azure account that was created recently. I want the same services with the same conflagrations and names because they serve as api for live apps.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:04 AM

All replies

• I have an Azure account with some resources (app services, sql DB ...) I need to migrate those resources to another Azure account that was created recently. I want the same services with the same conflagrations and names because they serve as api for live apps.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:44 PM
  • Thanks for posting a good question.

Just to clarify, are you intending to change the account ownership or wish to move the resources to a new subscription?

For ownership change:
    If you wish to
    transfer billing ownership to another account, so they can change the view charges (billing). You can do that, kindly review and validate the step-step instructions outlined in this document - Transfer billing ownership of an Azure subscription to another account

If you want to keep the billing ownership but change the type of your subscription, see Switch your Azure subscription to another offer. To control who can manage resources in the subscription, see Built-in roles for Azure resources.

Kindly checkout the FAQ -
    Does a subscription transfer result in any service downtime?

For moving resources to new subscription: 

If it’s the latter, you can move resources but there are some important steps to complete and validate before moving a resource. You can verify the recommendation conditions and can avoid any potential errors. Also, depending on the Azure resource type, it can either support the move operation, or do not support move operation or has special condition when moving a resource.

This article ‘Move guidance for App Service resources’ describes the steps to move App Service resources. There are specific requirements for moving App Service resources to a new subscription, kindly review the guidelines applied.

This document 'Move operation support for resources’ lists whether an Azure resource type supports the move operation. The “validate move operation” (option in the portal) lets you test your move scenario without actually moving the resources. Use this operation to check if the move will succeed.

As a side note, moving a resource only moves it to a new resource group or subscription. It doesn't change the location of the resource.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:39 PM