Displaying the values of columns in a Access database in a list box when a find Button is clicked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I built a database using Microsoft Access & I want to display the values of columns in list boxes when a button is clicked on my windows Form.

My application is simply an Institution finder and I stored a list of all the schools I need on the database.

This database consists of a single table with columns like Institution Name, Year Founded, Website e.t.c. 

On my VB form, I have built radio buttons to enable users select their desired institutions (Private, Government e.t.c)

As soon as a user selects his/her desired institution type (e.g private) and clicks a Find Button, the list of the private institutions name should be displayed in a list box and their corresponding websites should be displayed in another list box. 

I really don't know how to to this

I will really appreciate your help. Thanks 

Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Here is a conceptual example using a ComboBox instead of RadioButtons and a DataGridView instead of ListBoxes. The idea here is to teach the basics and allow you to discover how things work then take off from there.

VS2010 project using MS-Access on SkyDrive

No frills

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, December 27, 2013 10:05 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:34 PM