Adapter Menu sub level drop down issue with css position RRS feed

• Question

• User1082377160 posted

Hello All,

I'm using the Css Friendly Menu Control Adapter, when the user hovers over a top level menu item, when in IE7 the sub level drop down is covered by an element with a position property of either absolute or relative.  If the property is static, the sub level drop down appears in front of the element correctly.  This problem does not occur when I use a Firefox browser.  After further testing, this problem also occurs when using asp:menu without the CSS Friendly Menu Control Adapter.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can get this to work with elements with position property of absolute or relative when using IE7?

Thank you for any help,

ron

Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:27 PM

Answers

• User-191833731 posted
    I quite a newbie and not familiar with the menu control adapter, so this is a long shot, but would setting the top level div for the navigation menu to: ; z-index: 500; be any help?
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 6:15 PM

All replies

• User-191833731 posted
    I quite a newbie and not familiar with the menu control adapter, so this is a long shot, but would setting the top level div for the navigation menu to: ; z-index: 500; be any help?
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 6:15 PM
  • User1082377160 posted

I have the top level navigation of the menu set to ; z-index: 300; I thought that would have solved it but it did not.

Thanks for the suggestion,

ron

Monday, June 8, 2009 6:26 PM
  • User1082377160 posted

Well I've put the page elements in a panel and in the style sheet I set the position to relative.  Now in IE7 when I pull down the menu drop down, the sub levels do not appear at all.  In this particular instance, this could be the proper scenario as this form is an entry form which is displayed from a selection on the drop down menu.  To return to the previous page, I have a cancel button to return.  So even though I could live with this, there may be occasions where I want the drop down menu to properly display so that the user can select another menu item from the current page.  So I'm still looking for an answer to this.

Thanks,

ron

Monday, June 8, 2009 7:05 PM
  • User1082377160 posted

hardya99,

After working more with the z-index in different divs, I found that the second level / nested div with z-index: 500 worked.  It did not work on the top level div or the div on the navigation menu.  So your suggestion worked.

Thanks,

ron

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 5:28 PM