none
Is regcap.exe available in VS Community versions? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I've checked that regcap.exe is available for VS Community versions.

What VS version do you use? VS2015, VS2017 or VS2019?

For VS2015, we can find it in path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

For VS2017: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

For VS2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

Note: This regcap.exe file comes from an Microsoft official extension. If you haven't installed the VS installer projects extension, you need to install it so that VSI folder in which there exists regcap.exe will be available!

Installer projects extensions for VS2015 : Download link.

Installer projects extensions for both VS2017 and VS2019: Download link.

Hope all above helps and if my reply is helpful to resolve your issue, please give me a feedback to let me know :)

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I've checked that regcap.exe is available for VS Community versions.

What VS version do you use? VS2015, VS2017 or VS2019?

For VS2015, we can find it in path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

For VS2017: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

For VS2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\VSI\bin

Note: This regcap.exe file comes from an Microsoft official extension. If you haven't installed the VS installer projects extension, you need to install it so that VSI folder in which there exists regcap.exe will be available!

Installer projects extensions for VS2015 : Download link.

Installer projects extensions for both VS2017 and VS2019: Download link.

Hope all above helps and if my reply is helpful to resolve your issue, please give me a feedback to let me know :)

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Perfect!

Thank you so much for the help.

My problem was the extension, as the VSI folder does not exist.

I'll get that taken care of, than thank again for the assist!

Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi friend,

Glad to know it helps and if there has any vs IDE issues, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely

Lance

MSDN Community Support

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:14 AM