none
Why hasn't windows made their own ssh server and deployed it with windows? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why hasn't windows made their own ssh server and deployed it with windows?  I'ts annoying and all out frustrating that I have to FIGHT and CLAW or pay premium dollar to get access to the machines I have already paid premium dollar for.  It's an insult to me, the admin/developer, to have to fight for access.  I know what some of you are saying... "But you can access the machine via RDP.." but the solution that rdp provides is VERY manual. At the same time, other scripting methods or ways of calling procedures, for example WMI remote procedure call are deficient in at least one or more ways...
    WMI cannot get the stdout or stderr of a process that has just completed, let alone get it live for processes that run for long periods of time!
    When is Microsoft going to wake up to their deficiency and realize that so many people are trying their best to plug the gap in functionality but either failing or creating a HUGE security hole by using something like psexec.exe? 
    Developers at microsoft.. Please add a standardized ssh server so I don't have to spend more money that, I don't have, on something like bitvize for something that should already be standard....
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:46 PM