none
How many Graphical indicators we can on a field for Non-Summary rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add graphical indicators for whatever reason on column/field .

How many Graphical indicators we can on a field for Non-Summary rows?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Since I cannot find the answer to the question in this article, I propose a workaround to avoid the problem.

Since you are definig the conditions programmatically anyhow, why not have your program calculate which indicator you want depending on the input? Set a number 1-47 in the custom field; then your conditions for indicators are quite simple and you will have a maximum of 47.

Greetings,

Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:54 PM

All replies

• From memory, I think there are 47 different indicators available. You cannot add your own.

Greetings,

Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Sorry Jan,the question i asked was incorrect.

I was looking for, how many number of graphical inidacator rows we can add for Non-Summary rows on a Field ?. I added around 125-130 rows and after that its not allowing me to add furthur rows.(i adding throug c# code and there i am getting error after it exceeds the max limit).

Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Hi Ram

Have a look at :: Software Boundaries for project server, it will tell you max no you can plan for

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197693(office.12).aspx

Hope this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Hi all,

Since I cannot find the answer to the question in this article, I propose a workaround to avoid the problem.

Since you are definig the conditions programmatically anyhow, why not have your program calculate which indicator you want depending on the input? Set a number 1-47 in the custom field; then your conditions for indicators are quite simple and you will have a maximum of 47.

Greetings,

Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:54 PM