none
Publishing a Kinect for Windows App

Question

• Good All 

i have build a Kinect for Windows Application , the Application is a Game for Kids. i want to host it to the Windows App Store. My Application needs kinect to work , but it can also work without Kinect a user can just click the mouse. Now i want publish it. All the Marketing Documentation and images and also Product Box designs are ready. How can i publish. i have a Windows Store Developer account which expires next year. 

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thursday, May 1, 2014 6:54 PM

Answers

• No i created a normal WPF Project that has Kinect for Windows functionality. So if my Project is not a Windows Store app i will not get the ability to use Project-->Store---etc... 

I tried to convert my app to a Windows Store app, but the Kinect Libraries does not get recognized , i am not sure why, i read someone where they say with XboxOne the Developers will be able to publish apps on the market, i presume that now it is not possible until the SDK of XboxOne is released. if i can try to publish my app now it might fail the test because it will not follow an guide line of the mobile app, it is a Kinect application which is entirely different. 

Thanks for the Help again 

Vuyiswa Maseko

Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:30 AM

All replies

• Did you develop it as a "Windows Store App" in Visual Studio?  Did you test it with the Windows App Certification Kit?   If so, Just create the app package and upload it (and reserve the app name if you haven't already).  IF you have a Windows Store App, then you do that from the "Project" menu under the "Store" submenu. 

-Rob

Saturday, May 3, 2014 1:28 AM
  • No i created a normal WPF Project that has Kinect for Windows functionality. So if my Project is not a Windows Store app i will not get the ability to use Project-->Store---etc... 

I tried to convert my app to a Windows Store app, but the Kinect Libraries does not get recognized , i am not sure why, i read someone where they say with XboxOne the Developers will be able to publish apps on the market, i presume that now it is not possible until the SDK of XboxOne is released. if i can try to publish my app now it might fail the test because it will not follow an guide line of the mobile app, it is a Kinect application which is entirely different. 

Thanks for the Help again 

Vuyiswa Maseko

Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:30 AM