none
DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -1988945900 When Trying To Use Emulators

Question

• Hi All,

Trying to learn how to create a UWP for the first time.  It's a simple app (Hello_World) with just one Button that does nothing at all.

I have successfully run the App to "Local Machine" and I have successfully run the App to "Device" (Lumia 1050XL), however I can't run the App to ANY Emulators (Mobile Emulator 10.0.10586.0 WVGA 4 inch 512MB, Mobile Emulator 10.0.14393.0 WVGA 4 inch 5MB etc.).

I always get the error

Error  DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -1988945900 Hello_World

So far I have tried:

1) Repairing Visual Studio 2015 (Version 14.0.25432.01 Update 3)

2) Uninstalling and reinstalling Visual Studio

3) Starting Visual Studio in Safe Mode (the Project wouldn't even load in Safe Mode)

4) Googling DEP0001 -1988945900 (very few hits for this particular Error Number; none of which helped)

Has anybody any idea what this Error Code actually means please?

Many thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi M John Smith,

Which version of UWP do you create? UWP for Windows 10 or UWP for Windows 8.1?

Please make sure your UWP version is supported by the emulator version. For example, UWP for Windows 10 could not run on Windows Phone 8.1 emulator.

Then please check whether there has more message in Output windows, which could help us find out what causes this problem.

Please open the emulator directly from Hyper-V Manager to check whether the emulator could working fine on your machine. If it could not opened from Hyper-V Manager directly, there should be some problem on your emulator. Please try following Windows Phone 8 emulator troubleshooting steps to check your emulator. It also suitable for Windows Phone 10.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj681694(v=vs.105).aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 03, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

I have the UWP setup to Target "Mobile Emulator 10.0.14393.0 WVGA 4 inch 512 MB"  and the UWP Properties are set to Target: Universal Windows, Target Version: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (10.0; Build 14393), Min Version: Windows 10 (10.0; Build 10586).

As I said, this is my first attempt at  UWP so I'm not 100% sure I have it setup correctly.  However, I can successfully deploy and run the UWP on my Lumia 950XL which is running Windows 10 10.0.14393.693.

But I always get error DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -1988945900 when I try to run it In the Emulator.

FYI: The Emulator starts correctly and a representation of a Windows 10 Mobile is displayed correctly on my PCs monitor, the UWP just doesn't deploy.

Again thanks,

M John Smith

Monday, February 06, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Hi M John Smith,

>> The Emulator starts correctly and a representation of a Windows 10 Mobile is displayed correctly on my PCs monitor, the UWP just doesn't deploy.

Please make sure the emulator has started successful with mobile desktop has loaded completed and you could click the default apps in emulator.

If the emulator is starting on OS is starting, which doesn't means the emulator started. So if it always show "OS is starting", there should be some problem on your emulator.

If the emulator desktop has loaded completed, I suggest you uninstall all emulators from Hyper-V manager and reinstall the emulator to check whether this issue related to the emulator or not.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 5:46 AM