none
Webjob via WebHook in Azure Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to write a webjob that will be called via a webhook in Azure Data Factory.  I am able to trigger the webjob but i need it to respond back when completed.  The webjob completes now but does not notify the pipeline that it completed in ADF so the pipeline times out.  I have tried calling a function in my code that has the webhook attribute but it comes back with bad request.  Are there any good examples out there?
    • Moved by Grace MacJones-MSFT Monday, August 19, 2019 5:41 PM question related to azure data factory
    Monday, August 19, 2019 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hello silgenfritz ,

Have you gone though this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/control-flow-webhook-activity

I
    t does call out the very point which you are talking about

Additional notes

Azure Data Factory will pass an additional property “callBackUri” in the body to the url endpoint, and will expect this uri to be invoked before the timeout value specified. If the uri is not invoked, the activity will fail with status ‘TimedOut’.

The web hook activity itself fails only when the call to the custom endpoint fails. Any error message can be added into the body of the callback and used in a subsequent activity.

This should be worth the read .

https://mrpaulandrew.com/2019/06/18/azure-data-factory-web-hook-vs-web-activity/ 

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

If i am not wrong ADF accepts valid JSON response so please check if the response from webjob is a valid JSON or not if not then first convert it to JSON and then pass it to ADF then it should work.

Cheers,

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:22 AM
  • I have successfully used the callBackUri in my powershell runbook, but I can not figure out how to use it in a console application that is running as a webjob.  Any examples of a console app using the callBackUri from the body?

Thanks

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:10 PM
  • You got any solution ?
    Monday, November 11, 2019 10:07 PM