none
SSIS 2014 Script Component Web Reference to ReportServer2010.asmx causes Script Component to lose binary file. RRS feed

• Question

• The set up:

Windows 8.1 Pro with Update

SQL 2012 Developer with SSDT, updated to SQL 2014 but still using the VS2010 SSDT.

SSDT uses TFS 2013 for source Control.

User account being used is member of the local Administrators group and domain administrators group.

The project is set to target x86 as I need to access Excel drivers.

The problems:

I have a data flow task with a script component as the source and a second script component as the destination. I want to use the second script component to generate SSIS reports based on data from the first script component.

1. Edit the 2nd script component script. This starts a new VSTA Project. In solution explorer right-click 'References' and select 'Add Service Reference'. Select 'Advanced' the select 'Add Web Reference'. Select Browse to 'Web services on the local machine'. This gives the output:

The Web services and Discovery Documents available on your VS.NET developer machine are listed below. Click the service link to browse that service.

'There was an error while enumerating services on local machine: 

Active Directory Services cannot find the web server. A possible cause for this is an incompatibility between versions of Internet Information Server (IIS) on the client and the server. Another possible cause is that IIS is not installed on the local machine, or the user identity under which you are running may not have permissions to view websites on this machine. To view websites on this machine, make sure that you run Visual Studio as administrator. On Windows Vista computers with IIS installed, make sure that IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility feature is enabled.'

I have tried starting SSDT by shift right clicking and selecting 'Run as Administrator', but this is no different from the above.

2. On entering the URL 'http://mikebirch/ReportServer/ReportService2010.asmx?wsdl' directly, the web service 'ReportService2010' is found and the methods listed. I can then add this as a web reference. This also adds the references 'System.EnterpriseServices' and 'System.Web.Services. I then change the target in the project properties to x86 and save the project file which has a guid style name. This then builds with no errors or warnings.

3. Close the VSTA Project to return to the 'Script Transformation editor' window. Select 'OK'. This leaves the red cross against the script component with the mouse over message:

'The binary code for the script is not found. Please open the script in the designer by clicking Edit...'

4. The project will then not build due to the 'missing' binary file.

I have made this work before with SQL 2005, but this has got me really stumped.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Answers