none
WCF server rejected the upgrade request. RRS feed

• Question

• <ExceptionType>System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException, System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>
    <Message>The server rejected the upgrade request.</Message>
    <StackTrace>
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.ValidateUpgradeResponse(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, ClientFramingDecoder decoder)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.InitiateUpgrade(StreamUpgradeInitiator upgradeInitiator, IConnection&amp; connection, ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IDefaultCommunicationTimeouts defaultTimeouts, TimeoutHelper&amp; timeoutHelper)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper&amp; timeoutHelper)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper&amp; timeoutHelper)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp; msgData, Int32 type)

<ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The server rejected the upgrade request. ---&gt; System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: Error while reading message framing format at position 0 of stream (state: ReadingUpgradeRecord) ---&gt; System.IO.InvalidDataException: More data was expected, but EOF was reached.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</ExceptionString>
    <InnerException>
    <ExceptionType>System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException, System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>
    <Message>Error while reading message framing format at position 0 of stream (state: ReadingUpgradeRecord)</Message>
    <StackTrace>

<ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: Error while reading message framing format at position 0 of stream (state: ReadingUpgradeRecord) ---&gt; System.IO.InvalidDataException: More data was expected, but EOF was reached.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</ExceptionString>
    <InnerException>
    <ExceptionType>System.IO.InvalidDataException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>
    <Message>More data was expected, but EOF was reached.</Message>

i am getting above exception when trying to call service.

can someone help me to find out why this exception occurring. it is occurring very frequently.

but not happening every time i try to call service.

i tried to search on msdn but didn't found much information.

• Edited by DipenGShah Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi DipenSGshah,

According to error details, I could not find where the problem lies. I suspect that there may be some problem on the network. I would like you could streamline your code and post more details about your server-side details.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards
    Abraham

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:37 AM