none
Unable to find Console application in Visual studio 2015 under c#

Question

• I am new in visual studio. I just download and install visual studio 2015 , but unable to find Console application under C#. Any one have idea ho to add console application in c#? Installed on Windows 10.

Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• I thought i installed  wrong Microsoft Visual studio blend 2015 version. This Version does not support the Console Application.
    Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:58 PM
  • Hi libra_ali786,

Visual Studio Blend often used to design some applications that has UI. But Console application doesn't have UI, this is why it could not be created by Blend.

The Visual Studio Blend 2015 is installed together when installing Visual Studio 2015. So you don't installed the wrong version, you just open the wrong IDE. Please search "Visual Studio 2015" on your machine to open the correct tool.

Since you have figure out the problem, please mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

And if you have any other questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back to our forum to create new thread.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 06, 2017 6:53 AM
  • I thought i installed  wrong Microsoft Visual studio blend 2015 version. This Version does not support the Console Application.

I have no idea what that means. As far as I can tell you can install Visual Studio 2015 Community, Professional, Enterprise or Visual Studio Code.

If you altered the install for whatever you Installed by customizing the install then you initiated the issue I suppose.

Perhaps you should custom install whatever you are installing such that you install everything so everything is available.

However if you already installed something, you don't mention what, it may be best to select the item in Control Panels installed programs and select Change or whatever is available such that you can add whatever you left out when you installed whatever you installed maybe.

La vida loca

Monday, February 06, 2017 7:04 AM
  • Hi libra_ali786,

I agree with weiwei's suggestion, you doesn't really open the VS IDE, you just open the VS blend.

You would find many differences between the VS and the VS blend.

For example: the simple icons:)

The start page:

And if I new a project in the VS blend as yours, I got the same result as yours, so I think you'd better to find the correct VS desktop shortcut and use it:)

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:14 AM