none
SharePoint responsive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have made sharepoint site responsive.  in a particular page i have a calendar view which in ipad, provides no link to '+Add'.why is it so? how can i make the link available.

Monday, December 26, 2016 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Responsive approach could be useful for asp.net web application or html site , but not for SharePoint.

You need to use the "Design Manager and Device Channel" approach if you target the SharePoint site for different devices.

Please check this link for more information on "Desgin Manager"

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:06 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the solution from codeplex below to make SharePoint site responsive.

https://responsivesharepoint.codeplex.com/

If the calendar view also not works, please try to use Web Development Tools to debug the CSS, then write some CSS style to make it works.

https://developer.apple.com/safari/tools/

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Try the responsive UI package for the SharePoint on-premises.

https://dev.office.com/blogs/announcing-responsive-ui-package-for-sharepoint-on-premises-2013-2016

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

If you made responsive to your team site , you cannot expect the SharePoint controls are rendered correctly.You just making the layout being more responsive irrespective of different size of the device, but not SharePoint Control.

I would suggest you to test the Metadata picker control, RichText and Lookup column, I am quite sure you cannot control these controls through responsive approach. Because these are very specific to SharePoint.

When you enable the Design Manager on your SharePoint Publishing site, a control that manages(how to rendering the layout and its controls based on the User Agents ) the SharePoint control using Mobile Panel.

If your organization looking for perfect rendering solution for varieties of the device, you have to choose the "Design Manager" approach only.

In your case, CSS is not overriding the SharePoint control , instead user permission, just check with user context who has full control on the site or at least on Calendar list whether you are able to see the +Add link.

After all the codeplex tool and Responsive UI Package are developed based on the "Design Manager" 's foundation like "Embedding or Injecting the JS and MDS.

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If the replies help you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:37 AM