none
Why the NET private memory grow up to quick? RRS feed

• Question

• I've tested the application with  ANTS memory profiler to find the memory leaks which I see in the Task Manager.

After 2 hour of work the bytes of the whole Heap didn’t change (only  a little bit), LOH didn’t changed either. The objects in the LOH did not change as well. But the private memory grew up from 240mb to 440mb and keeps growing up further.

I can't understand why memory leaks?

http://s55.radikal.ru/i149/1005/36/506a1470e211.jpg

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:02 AM

Answers

• That would indicate unmanaged memory being leaked. I'm not familiar with Ants but you should have the possibility to look at object counts to pinpoint which are increasing in number.

Cristian.

• Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:08 PM
  • The most time where memory leaks are, the file handles, third party controls aren't disposed. This will results in memory leaks.

When you allocate memory, you also have to dispose the memory allocation, at this way you clear up the memory, etc.

Take a look at Bing or you favorite search provider, it give you alot of results.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:12 PM
  •  

It sounds to be a native memory leak, this article discussed how to debug this kind of memory leak, hope it can helps.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:33 AM

All replies

• That would indicate unmanaged memory being leaked. I'm not familiar with Ants but you should have the possibility to look at object counts to pinpoint which are increasing in number.

Cristian.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:08 PM
  • The most time where memory leaks are, the file handles, third party controls aren't disposed. This will results in memory leaks.

When you allocate memory, you also have to dispose the memory allocation, at this way you clear up the memory, etc.

Take a look at Bing or you favorite search provider, it give you alot of results.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:12 PM
  •  

It sounds to be a native memory leak, this article discussed how to debug this kind of memory leak, hope it can helps.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:33 AM
  •  

We temporarily mark a reply, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:01 AM