none
Sims 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded Steam on my surface go device, with the intentions of being able to play the game - as I have already purchased the game through my steam account. When trying to run the game; I hit play - then get a pop up about the app or game needing the feature: .NET 3.5 framework. I attempted to install but the device gets installation error - 0x80070002 -- can anyone please give me some information that might assist in me being able to move forward ? I can't play w out the .NET 3.5 framework; or if someone knows a way around this, that'd be great.
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Brianahsmiles,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, what's your Windows system? Could you tell me how you install the .NET Framework 3.5? I suggest you take the following steps to install the .NET Framework 3.5:

#1. type “Turn Windows features on or off“ in the start search box and open it.

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing, then restart your computer.

Based on the error code “0x80070002”, I suppose it is caused by your Windows Update. Please update your Windows to the latest version, if you encounter a Windows Update error, please use the DISM tool to fix it.

BTW, if the issue persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here.

Hoping everything goes well.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, March 27, 2020 5:35 AM
  • Hi friend,

Sorry to disturb you.

What about this issue now?

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:47 AM