SyncSession sample that came with CSF 3.0 always throws Operation Timed Out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently working on the SyncSession sample that came along with CSF 3.0.I have installed "dev lite" version in my machine.I have changed the web.config and AsyncToSyncManifest.Xml files as said in the "Connected Service Framework 3.0 Development Guide.chm" file.when i run the SyncClient it displays a listbox named Action, i selected http://www.contoso.com/datetime/GetDateTime in the listbox and clicked the invoke button, but after some time it throws "The operation has timed out". I tried to debug this and found session gets generated, but after that it throws "The operation has timed out".

-Krishnamoorthy

Friday, July 6, 2007 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Krishna,

When you say Session is created it is certain that all your endpoints are properly configured. But still just to run through the steps for configuring this sample, please refer to the steps as below:

1. Create Virtual Directories using the batch file.
    2. Change the Manifest file and the web.config files to point to correct URL of Session and Participant Services.
    3. Rebuild and Run the sample.

If you face any issues, ensure that you are getting traces and send me the traces. I would try and respond back resolutions. I have configured and ran this sample many times and never faced any issues. BTW did you try increasing the timeout period? The stock quote service is accesses over internet and slow network connection can be one potential issue.

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please enable the trace on Session and see the message flow.

I believe the routing message is being sent to Date Time Provider service but the response is not getting processed by Session. Please verify this in the trace.

Thanks

Kapil

Friday, July 13, 2007 6:48 AM
  • Can you please enable session trace in session web.config file and check the flow of the messsages.
    It will help us to debug what is going wrong.
    Friday, July 27, 2007 6:46 AM
  • Hi Krishna,

When you say Session is created it is certain that all your endpoints are properly configured. But still just to run through the steps for configuring this sample, please refer to the steps as below:

1. Create Virtual Directories using the batch file.
    2. Change the Manifest file and the web.config files to point to correct URL of Session and Participant Services.
    3. Rebuild and Run the sample.

If you face any issues, ensure that you are getting traces and send me the traces. I would try and respond back resolutions. I have configured and ran this sample many times and never faced any issues. BTW did you try increasing the timeout period? The stock quote service is accesses over internet and slow network connection can be one potential issue.

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:24 PM