none
How to Add Assembly to Global Assembly Cache? RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone, Help!

I'm on Windows 10 and using VS2013 Pro/SQL Express 2014, and all developed Apps use Net 4.5.1.

Background: I have a solution composed of 3 applications:

1. AddressApp - a separately published  app that references MillerClassLib which is located in C:\VS2013_AppSource\VS2013_AppSource\MillerClassLib\bin\Release\MillerClassLib.dll
    2. CalendarApp - a separately published  app that references MillerClassLib which is located in C:\VS2013_AppSource\VS2013_AppSource\MillerClassLib\bin\Release\MillerClassLib.dll
    3. DrugApp - an app I'm trying to publish that references MillerClassLib which is located in C:\VS2013_AppSource\VS2013_AppSource\MillerClassLib\bin\Release\MillerClassLib.dll AND it references AddressApp and CalendarApp.
    4. MillerClassLib is a published class library that is used in most if not all of the applications I've developed on this laptop.

When I try to publish DrugApp, it fails in the install part with the message that MillerClassLib must be moved to the Global Assembly Cache.

Problem: When I execute gacutil /I C:\VS2013_AppSource\VS2013_AppSource\MillerClassLib\bin\Release\MillerClassLib.dll, I always get the message that I must run this utility as the administrator.  I am the administrator, because I am the only user of this stand alone laptop.

Question: How do I go about getting MillerClassLib.dll moved to the GAC?

Terry 01

Please note that I have asked basically the same question in the following thread: Global Assembly Cache - Where Is This? (I'm the SA and only user of this laptop)                                 
     >                 

• Edited by Terry 01 Monday, September 7, 2015 1:29 PM Add reference to earlier thread.
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Answers

All replies