none
Get Last modified data in docx file when track changes is On RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using C# Word.Interop(VSTO) api for word automation.

When track changes is On, we want to get last modified/revised data/text. I'm showing my problem as below:

We want to get "Block2" from cell(1,2) instead of "Block2Block1" without accepting All track changes data. Is it possible?

Currently we accept all changes data and then get the value from the particular cell. In this case we lost track changes functionality. 

Please give us idea to solve this problem.

Regards,

Saurabh

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Saurabh,

According to the description, you want to get the last modifyed text at the specific range. As far as I know, this is not supported at the current version of Word. Becase the track changes doesn't work as we see. We can get all revision for specific range by Range.Revisons.

In this case, the first revision is inerting text "Block2Block1" and the second revision is deleting text "Block1" instead of inserting "Block1", deleting "Block1" and inserting "Block2".

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want Word applicaiton to support to get the last revised text:

Submit Feedback - Microsoft Support

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Saurabh,

According to the description, you want to get the last modifyed text at the specific range. As far as I know, this is not supported at the current version of Word. Becase the track changes doesn't work as we see. We can get all revision for specific range by Range.Revisons.

In this case, the first revision is inerting text "Block2Block1" and the second revision is deleting text "Block1" instead of inserting "Block1", deleting "Block1" and inserting "Block2".

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want Word applicaiton to support to get the last revised text:

Submit Feedback - Microsoft Support

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Hello Fei,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Monday, April 13, 2015 12:11 PM