Subscription Quota RRS feed

• Question

• Each azure subscription has some predefined resource like cpu(20)/host services(6) storage(5) etc..

I was wondering if there is a way using the azure sdk api to get that information.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:50 AM

Answers

• You can increase the quotas, but you have to specifically submit a support ticket to request it. There's currently no automated manner. Part of the reason for this is that the current quota limitations are based on a level that MSFT is confident most folks will be able to easily cover via their credit cards should they max out all usage limits. If youc all and request those quota limits to be raised, they'll run a credit check just to make sure you're capable of paying should your monthly bill increase dramatically. :)
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:56 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies

• I don't believe so. However, that quota is the same for all subscriptions out of the box. The only way to get it increased is to call MSFT and request it.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Azuredevsh,

You can get this information from the Windows Azure Service Management REST API located here (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee460799.aspx)

For example, to get the number of hosted services you would issue the following https://management.core.windows.net/<subscription-id>/services/hostedservices.  There will be a hostedservices element that you can iterate through.  Additionally, you can use https://management.core.windows.net/<subscription-id>/services/storageservices to get a list of storage accounts.

Regards,

Apollo

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:10 PM
  • he's looking for the service quota though, and I don't believe its returned by the API

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Brent,

I agree that it will not get him everything he is looking for but its a start. If he calls the REST API he can iterate through the hosted service and storage list and get the counts he is looking for along with several other useful attributes. 

Regards,

Apollo

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:27 PM
  • Thanks for replaying.

that was the notion i got in some blogs.

(that there is such api).

I wonder if MS are planning to increase the amount of resource on each subscription

in ther near fetuere.

Anyhow i will relay on the fact that the resource are fixed for now (cpu 20, host service 5 etc)

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:17 AM
  • Thanks.

i have already looked at the rest api.

i managed to get the resources that each host is taking but

i had problems in getting the max limitation that my subscription can have.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:19 AM
  • You can increase the quotas, but you have to specifically submit a support ticket to request it. There's currently no automated manner. Part of the reason for this is that the current quota limitations are based on a level that MSFT is confident most folks will be able to easily cover via their credit cards should they max out all usage limits. If youc all and request those quota limits to be raised, they'll run a credit check just to make sure you're capable of paying should your monthly bill increase dramatically. :)
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:56 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:33 PM