Power Pivot Query Designer - Error Encountered During Testing the Query by Clicking the Red Exclamation Icon. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My Environmental Information:
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer: Micro Electronics, Inc.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
    Installed memory (DRAM): 64.0 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
    Version: 1705 (Build 8201.2171 Click-to-Run)
    First Release for Deferred Channel
    Microsoft Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2171) 64-bit

What is Desired? I would like a resolution to the error that Power Pivot threw, as described in the following paragraphs:

User Story:
    I started Excel 2016. I selected the Power Query tab, then navigated to the Get External Data group and selected "Existing Connections." In the Connections window, I selected an Access database connection and then clicked the Open button. Next, in the dialog that appears, I chose the option to write a SQL query to retrieve the data I want. In the Specify a Query window, I named the query OrderDetail and then selected the Design button to launch the Query Designer. In the Query Designer, I selected the "Import" button and then selected the file named, "OrderDetailQuery.txt," from my local machine. To test the query, I clicked the red exclamation icon. It was at this point that I received the following error in a dialog box:

TITLE: Query Designer
    ------------------------------

An error occurred while reading data from the query result set.
    Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'IRowset'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{0C733A7C-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'IRowset'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{0C733A7C-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). (mscorlib)

BUTTONS:

OK

The content of the file OrderDetailQuery.txt appears below:

SELECT [Order Details].ID, [Order Details].[Order ID], [Order Details].[Product ID], [Order Details].Quantity, [Order Details].[Unit Price], [Order Details].Discount
    FROM Orders LEFT JOIN [Order Details] ON Orders.[Order ID] = [Order Details].[Order ID]
    WHERE ( ( ( Orders.[Status ID]) = 3 ) );

Oddly enough, the file still imported and the data was imported from MS Access into the Power Pivot data model. However, I would still like the ability to run the query during the import process. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Don

Sunday, September 3, 2017 6:03 PM

Answers