How do I set up a support email address? RRS feed

• Question

• I published my first Windows Phone app a few days ago. I wanted to see what reviews there were for it, so when I got into Windows Phone Dev Center and checked on the app, then clicked on the link for Reviews it says:

It looks like you’re missing a support email address for your app. Make sure you get this set up before you respond to any reviews. Otherwise, your customer won’t be able to get in touch with you.

OK, I haven't a clue as to how or where to put  a support email address, either in App Studio or in Windows Phone Dev Center. How do I do that?

Rod

Friday, September 5, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

• For adding a support e-mail add. you need to go to WP dev center and then just follow what Loukt said.

Apps > Click your App > Update app > Upload and describe your packages > More options per language (In Package's store listing info) > Support email. 

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Monday, September 8, 2014 1:08 PM
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

to set up a support email address for your app, just update it, and go to "Upload and describe your package" on the right side of the window you'll find "More options per language" deploy it, and in the end you'll find a box for "Support email address" just put an address where you want to receive those mails.

I hope it helps,

Yassine

• Proposed as answer by Felix Bohnacker Friday, September 5, 2014 9:47 PM
    • Edited by Loukt Saturday, September 6, 2014 6:48 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 8:51 PM
  • I'm sorry Felix, I do not see what you're talking about. Where is the "Update and describe your package"? When I look at the left side I don't see that there at all, in either Content, Themes, Tiles or Publish Info. I'm likely overlooking it, but am not sure where it is.

Rod

Saturday, September 6, 2014 12:35 AM
  • For adding a support e-mail add. you need to go to WP dev center and then just follow what Loukt said.

Apps > Click your App > Update app > Upload and describe your packages > More options per language (In Package's store listing info) > Support email. 

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Monday, September 8, 2014 1:08 PM
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 1:28 PM
  • That seems to have fixed it, thank you, imabhi. I assume that making the changes through the WP dev center doesn't in any way make it so that I can't continue to do updates to the app through App Studio. Correct?

Rod

Monday, September 8, 2014 1:08 PM