none
Internet Explorer 9 breaks down while downloading MSDN Subscriber Download RRS feed

• Question

• I am on my wits end. I have tried IE9 x64,x86 with Akamai, FTM and any other **** that I could find... I still cannot download a single file off MSDN on IE without it crashing. I mean that's like my left eye falling off when I try to move my leg. Why can't MS fix a problem in their obviously broken system by providing MSDN subscribers with a resumable HTTP link to a product? That way I can use my download manager and resume broken downloads. I am frustrated by the retarded system that does not let me resume downloads on other browsers, and the only browser -IE - that supports Microsoft's FTM, crashes each time I click a link.
    I'm using Windows 7 x64 by the way.
    • Edited by Tware Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:32 PM

Answers

• Sorry to hear about your frustration Tware.  You should be able to download using another browser like Firefox or Chrome, though these browsers wont let you resume if the download fails.  

If you want to work directly with me to solve the issue with the crashing, please contact me via the 'site feedback' link at the bottom of this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions.  

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:37 PM

All replies

• Sorry to hear about your frustration Tware.  You should be able to download using another browser like Firefox or Chrome, though these browsers wont let you resume if the download fails.  

If you want to work directly with me to solve the issue with the crashing, please contact me via the 'site feedback' link at the bottom of this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions.  

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:37 PM
  • I am on my wits end. I have tried IE9 x64,x86 with Akamai, FTM and any other **** that I could find... I still cannot download a single file off MSDN on IE without it crashing. I mean that's like my left eye falling off when I try to move my leg. Why can't MS fix a problem in their obviously broken system by providing MSDN subscribers with a resumable HTTP link to a product? That way I can use my download manager and resume broken downloads. I am frustrated by the retarded system that does not let me resume downloads on other browsers, and the only browser -IE - that supports Microsoft's FTM, crashes each time I click a link.
    I'm using Windows 7 x64 by the way.
    i have the same issue.i do like you do.none of software can i download from MSDN site.it really exhausted and uncertain job to download software from the link MSDN provide for subscriber download.i am only hope right now is waiting download manager from MSDN site like MPN site does or else.btw my internet speed only 30 kbps -45 kbps.i am using window 10 ent now.

• Edited by yuditech Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:29 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:28 PM