Language Problems RRS feed

• Question

• User-1011205861 posted
    I'm trying to use this nice starter kit to make the website for my RC Car Club. I've installed it and works fine. I transfered the database to MS SQL2000 cause my host still has no sql 2005 support, and it works fine. I've changed the Look & Feel to reflect our colors and graphics, and it's amazingly easy and fast. I Also translated it to Spanish, for as we are a spanish speaking country. And here I found some problems.....

For Example, In the Login module, I still get some messages in english. But they're nowhere in the code. I guess they must be part of the <asp:Login > server command internally.

I see the "<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="FailureText" EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>" line. Which I supose holds the message. but i can't find out where it's assigning it. WHERE IS THE CODE FOR THIS??

I'm speaking of the Login.aspx file. Where's the code for it????  It's not in it, and it's not either in the App_Code directory. So where is it??? LOL!!!

Anyone knows how to change these to reflect determined lanuages? And / Or where the code is?

Thanks
    Thursday, December 1, 2005 10:33 AM

All replies

• User-1286131087 posted

I have translated the club site to spanish  See: www.miriamnsd.com   Here is the code for "login.aspx"

I think that is what you are talking abount

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" Title="Login" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="Club" Namespace="ClubSite" %>

<script runat="server">

</script>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="Server">

<div id="body">

<!--Start of left column-->

<div id="columnleft">

<a name="content_start" id="content_start"></a>

<div class="leftblock">

<h3>

Ingresar</h3>

<EMBED style="WIDTH: 203px; HEIGHT: 77px" src="images/SWF/imagen.swf">&nbsp;<br />

Solamente miembros registrados tienen acceso a esta secci¢n.

Por favor ingresa abajo o haz click <b><a href="Member_Register.aspx">-Aqui-</a></b>

para registrar una cuenta nueva en miriamnsd.com.

</div><div class="leftblock">

<h2>

&nbsp;</h2>

<p>

&nbsp;</p>

</div>

</div>

<!--end columnleft-->

<!--Start of right column-->

<div id="columnright">

<div class="rightblock">

<h2>

Ingrese Aqu¡:</h2>

<div class="dashedline">

&nbsp;</div>

<h3 class="none">Por favor entre su informaci¢n:</h3>

<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server">

<LayoutTemplate>

<fieldset>

<legend class="none">Por favor entre su informaci¢n</legend>

<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="FailureText" EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>

<table>

<tr>

<td>

<asp:Label runat="server" AssociatedControlID="UserName" ID="UserNameLabel">Nombre de Usuario:</asp:Label></td>

<td>

<asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="UserName"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ControlToValidate="UserName" ValidationGroup="Login1"

ErrorMessage="El nombre de usuario se requiere." ToolTip="El nombre de usuario se requiere." ID="UserNameRequired">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<asp:Label runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Password" ID="PasswordLabel">contrase¤a :</asp:Label></td>

<td>

<asp:TextBox runat="server" TextMode="Password" ID="Password"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ControlToValidate="Password" ValidationGroup="Login1"

ErrorMessage="La contrase¤a del usuario se requiere." ToolTip="La contrase¤a del usuario se requiere." ID="PasswordRequired">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

</td>

<td>

<asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="RememberMe" Text="Acu‚rdate de m¡." /></td>

</tr>

</table>

<Club:RolloverButton ID="LoginButton" runat="server" Text="Someter" CommandName="Login" />

</fieldset>

</LayoutTemplate>

</asp:Login>

</div>

<div class="rightblock">

<h2>

¨Olvidaste tu Nombre de Usuario / contrase¤a?

</h2>

<div class="dashedline">

</div>

<asp:PasswordRecovery ID="PasswordRecovery1" runat="server">

<UserNameTemplate>

¨Olvidaste tu contrase¤a? Integra tu Nombre de usuario para recuperar la contrase¤a.

<asp:Literal EnableViewState="False" ID="FailureText" runat="server"></asp:Literal>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="right">

<asp:Label AssociatedControlID="UserName" ID="UserNameLabel" runat="server">Nombre de usuario:</asp:Label></td>

<td>

<asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ControlToValidate="UserName" ErrorMessage="El nombre de usuario se requiere."

ID="UserNameRequired" runat="server" ToolTip="El nombre de usuario se requiere." ValidationGroup="PasswordRecovery1">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<Club:RolloverButton CommandName="Submit" ID="SubmitButton" runat="server" Text="Someter"

ValidationGroup="PasswordRecovery1" />

</UserNameTemplate>

</asp:PasswordRecovery>

</div>

<div class="rightblock">

<h2>

Registro para Miembros Nuevos</h2>

<div class="dashedline">

</div>

<h3>¨No estas Registrada? Registrate pulsando <a href="Member_Register.aspx">Aqui</a>.</h3>

</div>

</div>

<div class="clear2column">

</div>

</div>

</asp:Content>

Saturday, December 3, 2005 1:13 AM
  • User-1011205861 posted

Victor, thanks but that's not what I need, nor what I meant about the login.aspx code. I have translated the contens of that and all the other .aspx and .ascx pages.

There are a couple of TAGS (<asp:Login... > server command  and the "<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="FailureText"...> ), that seem to be asigned somewhere, but I haven't seen where?

One last thing... you need to make some more changes to your translation... it's 50/50 now, unless you were translating into Spanglish.... .

Monday, December 5, 2005 1:59 PM