none
Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Update 3: Compiler has stopped working

General discussion

• Hello,

when we tried to compile a member function for a template class, which uses internally another template class with the same template parameter, we got the following error message:

1>v:\tdd\develop\cll\sqlinterface\SharedArray.h(166): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.

1>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1468)

Any help would be appreciated!

Friday, July 08, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post.

For this issue, how about creating a new C++ project the same as before?

Firstly, we need to check if the error is related to the C++ template or your code.

If it works fine after building a new project, please offer us your code sample so that we could test it.

If the C++ template is broken, please go to the Control Panel to make sure your have installed the following C++ template well:

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:20 AM
  • To see how to reproduce this issue , see https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/2867753

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:55 PM
    • Edited by Andrey-T Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:50 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:49 AM
  • Hi Bob,

You could direct to the reported link in Andrey-T's reply, and wait patiently till this got fixed.

Best Regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Hi Lana,

My colleagues and I cannot migrate to Visual Studio 2015 unless this compiler issue is fixed.

Can you please suggest a solution to this problem. When will it be fixed?

Thank you.

Best regards!

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Was this problem ever fixed?  I am getting it now.
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:02 PM
  • The same with me. I can compile the same code on on a Win7 SP1 system with VS2015 U3 (14.0.25431.01 Update3).

However on Windows 10 with Version 14.0.25420.01 Update3 fails.

compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1468

Chinmaya Panda

Thursday, December 28, 2017 4:51 AM