How do I assure my app is picked up by Phone Store "app update" cycle? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What do I need to do in updating an app in Windows Store, to assure it is reported as an update by the Windows OS?

For example, when I select the Marketplace app (OS 7.1 still on this phone), I'm presented with a list of updates and things needing my attention (downloads, etc.).  In the past I've upgraded one of my apps, but when I went to download the update after it was published, it didn't show up in this list.  I had to actively go search it out.  My users won't know to do that and I've no way of letting them no.

Thanks!

Gary Glanz

PS - I'm still building this series of apps to 7.1, so an answer for it and 8+ would be helpful.

Gary Glanz

Friday, May 2, 2014 9:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• If your updated app got certified and published, then the users  are notified automatically that there is an update available.It may take couple of hours or few days to see the notification after it is published.

Please make sure that you are following the steps provided in the following article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/help/jj631569(v=vs.105).aspx

Friday, May 2, 2014 11:01 PM
  • From my experience it takes a few hours after an update was published to hit servers worldwide. Devices regularly check once a day for new updates. So there is some periof during which you can manually find an update before the device would find it itself.
    Monday, May 5, 2014 12:48 PM