none
PS 2013 - ObjectLinkProvider Service issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We’re not able to get any related item of a task in ProjectServer 2013 using the ObjectLinkProvider service. Also, if we create a link between a task and another item by means of the ObjectLinkProvider, we are not able to see it on the Related Items field of the involved Sharepoint Lists (tasks, risks, issues…).

We're consuming the ObjectLinkProvider service to get the related items of a task in our add-in. It works for the previous versions of Project  Server but not for Project Server 2013. According to the documentation nothing has changed from the client side perspective.

We are using the ObjectLinkProvider.ReadTaskLinkedWebObjects method. We run the sample provided here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg221017(v=office.15).aspx, and we experiment exactly the same behavior. We captured a Fiddler trace, the request looked right but the response was just an empty DataSet.

Then we run another example provided here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg229618.aspx. We were able to create links between a task and other items (risk items, issues…) and we could load these links into our add-in, but these links were not reflected on the Sharepoint Lists (tasks, risks, issues…).

It looks like the ObjectLinkProvider service is not working as intended. Are we missing something?

Many thanks!!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi folks,

I have the same issue!! Nobody has any answer ??

Thanks,

Miguel

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:06 PM
  • Hi Manel, Miguel,

I am researching this issue currently.  I know we have changed the way we handle the links behind the scenes, and it looks like there may be a bug in the initial release that impacts this area - I'll have more information for you shortly.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:15 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

Glad to hear (read) about your interest. Looking forward to know what it´s going on with the Object Link Provider in the 2013 version and how to handle the links. Let us know whatever you find!

Thanks!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for the answer. We were considering using an alternate way to get the related items of a task. Now, we know you are tracking the issue, we'll wait for an update until the add-in is fully migrated and then we'll see wether we can go on with the OLP or not.

Best regards,

Manel.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:35 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Do you have any updates to this issue? Is it a bug or it´s just a change in the way??

Regards,

Miguel

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:43 AM