Azure AppFabric Cache with useblobmode=false Key referred to does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    We are using Azure AppFabric Cache as session state provider with following configuration

<sessionState mode="Custom" customProvider="AppFabricCacheSessionStoreProvider">
        <providers>
         <add name="AppFabricCacheSessionStoreProvider"
            type="Microsoft.Web.DistributedCache.DistributedCacheSessionStateStoreProvider, Microsoft.Web.DistributedCache"
            cacheName="default"
            <strong>useBlobMode="true"
    </strong>        dataCacheClientName="default" />
        </providers>
      </sessionState>

Everything works fine. as per our understanding of the attribute, to improve the performance we thought of not using the useBlobMode and set it to False. (useBlobMode="false"). The moment we do that we start getting an error "ErrorCode<ERRCA0006>:SubStatus<ES0001>:Key referred to does not exist. Create objects based on a Key to fix the error"

Came across this http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/windowsazuredevelopment/thread/024a5775-73d2-44f8-8701-2e9d2ecbd345 but want to confirm if both of these issues are same and is it a bug?

Also, practical pointers on usage of attributes useblobmode and other http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg185682.aspx would be very valuable.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:12 AM

Answers

• Thanks.
    One of our developers isolated the problem, the issue was related to the regeneration of session. We don’t need the regeneration of session logic anymore so no problem now. But the reason is still unclear and detailed information about these attributes (useblobmode) from performance point of view would help.

We did work with Microsoft Support, thanks for the help.

So, for others benefit when you are regenerating session and useblobmode=false it doesn’t work.

• Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:04 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Sachin,

> Came across this http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/windowsazuredevelopment/thread/024a5775-73d2-44f8-8701-2e9d2ecbd345 but want to confirm if both of these issues are same and is it a bug?

Not sure it is the same issue. But I am not able to reproduce the issue by setting useBlobMode to false. Could you please share some code and steps for reproducing the issue?

Also if you are not using the latest SDK, please download it from Windows Azure AppFabric SDK V1.0 - April Update as I am using the latest one but not able to reproduce the issue. It is possible it is a known issue and has been fixed in the latest update.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Edited by Wenchao Zeng Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:31 AM typo
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Thanks but I cannot share the code, and isolating the issue is very difficult at this point in time.

I am using the same SDK as you mentioned.
    Any pointers on what could be causes for ErrorCode<ERRCA0006>:SubStatus<ES0001>:Key referred to does not exist. Create objects based on a Key to fix the error" and a brief about useBlobMode =false would be helpful.

Are there any specific type which when added causes this kind of error? Any clue would be very helpful.

-Thanks

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:00 AM
  • The problem is it was working fine earlier now the issue.
    Any pointers on this? How do we trace this issue? What kind of objects we need to check.?

Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

I'd suggest you please enable Request Tracking and then contact our azure support to assist you.

To contact azure support, please open http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/support/ then click "AppFabric", select "Development Issues" and "Help with troubleshooting crashes, hangs, exceptions, errors, and so on" in the subsequent page. This service is free for now.

Please don't mind to share the result as it will benefit our community members.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Thanks.
    One of our developers isolated the problem, the issue was related to the regeneration of session. We don’t need the regeneration of session logic anymore so no problem now. But the reason is still unclear and detailed information about these attributes (useblobmode) from performance point of view would help.

We did work with Microsoft Support, thanks for the help.

So, for others benefit when you are regenerating session and useblobmode=false it doesn’t work.

• Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:04 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:05 PM