URGENT: Jupyter Notebook not opening RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing the Microsoft Professional Program for Data Science & need to access a Jupyter notebook to finish my exam. I'm now receiving this error:

Service call failed. Error 500 (InternalServerError) when requesting /notebooks/session?api-version=2.0&familyId=c5e12848364f46eea86e9fc489102368 {"Error":{"Code":"ServiceError","Message":"InternalServerError","Target":null,"Details":[],"InnerError":null,"DebugInfo":null}}

I have a hard deadline to finish this course & three more by December 31 so if someone could please assist ASAP I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Sunday, December 10, 2017 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It works on Google Chrome, so problem solved for me, and hopefully for Alison as well.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Samira

• Proposed as answer by Pershad Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ahmet Gyger Monday, January 15, 2018 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:47 PM

All replies

• I have a similar issue, Jupyter notebook won't open from Azure ML, it was redirecting me to the experiments homepage (on Dec. 11 2017, did many many tries, issue not yet resolved at the time of writing). In advance a thousand thanks for fixing this issue. Kind regards.
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

If you are running a free account, pls check on Azure portal to see if you have run out of credits for the month? I checked my Azure ML Jupyter notebook and it ran just fine just now.

Regards,
    Jaya

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Dear Jaya,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately trying to open a Jupyter notebook still redirects me to the experiments homepage. I still have credit - used it only less than hour this month, which is my first month of usage, and maybe that's the issue: like Alison, I am a new user. I simply double click (tried also simple clicks haha) on the notebook. I have been creating the notebooks from different ways (Open a new notebook from a module, New notebook, even with a pre-loaded notebook) to see if that was the issue.

Many thanks for your precious help and support!

Kind regards

Samira

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

It works on Google Chrome, so problem solved for me, and hopefully for Alison as well.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Samira

• Proposed as answer by Pershad Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ahmet Gyger Monday, January 15, 2018 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:47 PM
  • Good to hear it works! Pls check to see if any pop-up blockers were preventing your notebook from opening in the browser.
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you,

Kind regards

Samira

I was facing same issue on internet explorer then I tried on different browser. I tried on Microsoft Edge, and it is working fine. I feel this is only the browser issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Pershad Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:09 PM
    Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:09 PM