Drupal Access azure private container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  - 

I'm using Drupal 7 on Azure with Windows Azure Integration module. I created a private storage container and configured it in drupal. It allows me now to upload files in drupal through a content type in the private container on azure. But when I try to download the file in the drupal page, I get a resource does not found error:

ResourceNotFound

The specified resource does not exist. RequestId:bbf1d60d-0f39-440d-92bf-52d62b9da3a4 Time:2013-10-23T06:27:32.6644629Z

The link to the private container file is correct, and it works when the container is public. As the upload from drupal works, I'm not sure if it's an azure or drupal issue. 

Thanks for any help

Christian

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:46 AM

Answers

• This depends on how Druple is implemented. To work with a private container, you can use either your storage account key or SAS. Maybe Druple implements one of the authentication mechanism when you upload a file, but doesn't implement any of them when you download the file. If you have the source code of Druple you can try to modify it. Also try to see if Druple provides an alternative download experience where the authentication is properly implemented.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Christian,

>> The specified resource does not exist.

From my experience, this issue is a design mode not issue in azure or Drupal, if your container is private, the content of the container is not publicly exposed for anonymous web users. Consider using Shared Access Signatures. With these signatures, you can give your user temporary access to a Blob in a private container. Eugenio Pace's article explains exactly what you're trying to do: Windows Azure Guidance – Using Shared Key Signatures for images in a-Expense.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:43 AM
  • This depends on how Druple is implemented. To work with a private container, you can use either your storage account key or SAS. Maybe Druple implements one of the authentication mechanism when you upload a file, but doesn't implement any of them when you download the file. If you have the source code of Druple you can try to modify it. Also try to see if Druple provides an alternative download experience where the authentication is properly implemented.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:30 AM